Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Attraction

Have you ever felt strangely attracted to something? A pine cone by the trail that just seemed to need to come home with you? A painting in a gallery that you just couldn't seem to walk away from? A place on a map that you have always yearned to go visit? A certain type of bird or animal that you have always loved for some unknown reason? A book that seemed to jump off the shelf and into your hand?

These seemingly random attractions are not random or silly at all. These are Sacred Heartsong moments that are trying to catch your attention. When the essence of who we are finds resonance with the essence of what something else is - there will be an attraction. By paying attention to these attractions, we can learn a lot about who we are at our soul level and who we are trying to become in our daily lives.

I have always loved rocks. As a kid, I would constantly pick up the ones that caught my eye until I had quite a collection - a piece of Marble from high in the mountains of Colorado, a piece of basalt from a field trip with my Earth Science class, a piece of petrified wood from Ginko National Petrified Forest, etc. Then as an adult I discovered an amazing thing called a Rock or Crystal Shop. The first one that I fell in love with was near the Oregon Coast - south of Lincoln City. The feeling, as I walked into the store, felt almost holy - like an old cathedral. The beautiful colors and delicate structures of the crystals created a lovely, full feeling in my heart. But almost without fail, there would be a single one or two that would really attract me and pull me in.

The Heartsong Moments created for me by these precious stones each contained a sacred lesson. I caught a glimpse of my own Heartsong as I understood the lessons...the rose quartz cut into a heart shape beckoned to me to open up my heart more to giving and accepting love...the black obsidian sphere invited me to become more connected to the center of the earth and to be more grounded...the stunning piece of clear crystal inspired me to clear my space of old toxic emotions. These stones that I have loved, and many others, have helped me to open, ground, clear and heal into a version of myself that is just a bit closer to what God had in mind when he created me - my true essence.

To what are you attracted today?




No comments: